How To Donate
See below for a list of the supplies we need on an ongoing basis. Please drop off the items at any of our drop-off locations.
You can also donate select items through our two online wishlists, all supplies will be shipped directly to us:
- PoochieMochie’s SCARS wishlist (and support a local business) or
- Our Amazon wishlist (please use the shipping address: Morinville Rescue Centre).
If you have any questions, please call (780) 466-SCAR or email email@example.com.
Your donations are very much appreciated. Thank you!
What we need
- Cat litter – clumping & non-clumping
- All life stages wet cat food (brands like First Mate, Purina Friskies, Purina Fancy Feast)
- Kitten food (especially wet)
- Large breed puppy kibble (brands like Royal Canin, KIRKLAND, etc.)
- Puppy training pads
- High-quality adult dog food (brands like ACANA, ORIJEN, KIRKLAND, etc.)
- Cat food (dry and wet; adult and especially all life stages)
- Donate a Kuranda pet bed
- Gently used x-pens
- Multi-level cat cages
- Toys for cats and dogs (durable and interactive kinds, especially)
- We cannot accept pillows/cushions from beds or furniture.
- We have a sufficient amount of linens (bed sheets & towels) and do not need any at this time.
- As well, please ensure all donations are clean and in good working condition.
Thanks very much for your continued support!
We also need….
- Bleach and Virkon
- All-purpose liquid cleaner
- Garbage bags/blue bags (especially extra-large types that are 31″ diameter)
- Paper towels
- High-efficiency laundry detergent
- Lysol wipes/Clorex wipes
- Gift/fuel cards for Costco, Canadian Tire, Superstore, Safeway, Walmart, PetSmart, etc
- Canadian Tire money
- Chain link dog run panels (not rolled)
- Office supplies – stamps, copy paper, pens
- Zip ties – heavy duty
- Donate supplies for our Walls 4 Winter program. Click here to see the list of building supplies needed.
SCARS needs quality animal transport vehicles, preferably with all-wheel drive. Our volunteers drive thousands of kilometres each year to bring abandoned animals (many of whom are sick or injured) to veterinary care and foster homes. We regularly travel between Edmonton and locations such as Athabasca, Westlock, Calling Lake, Maskwacis, Wabasca, Lac La Biche, High Prairie, Lloydminster, and many other communities. Our highest priority is to ensure our volunteers and the animals they transport are warm and safe during travel. The need to help animals is often greatest when the weather is coldest and when the roads are in poor condition.