Here is a list of some of the tools and supplies we need on an ongoing basis. All donations are very much appreciated. To arrange a pick up, call (780) 466-SCAR or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off the items at any of the drop-off locations.
Items we always need are marked with **
- Baby gates and x-pens
- Blankets, fleece, quilts, bed spreads, towels, sheets
- Canned food – cat/kitten/puppy/dog**
- Cat litter – clumping**
- Dog beds
- Dog chews**
- Dry food – cat/kitten/puppy/dog
- Kennels/crates/multi level cat cages
- Leashes and slip leads
- Martingale collars
- Throw mats
- Toys for cats and dogs. Durable and interactive especially.
- Training pads**
- Treats for dogs and cats**
We cannot accept pillows/cushions from beds or furniture. Thanks.
- Bleach and Virkon**
- All purpose liquid cleaner
- Garbage bags
- Paper towels**
- High efficiency laundry detergent**
- Gift / fuel cards for Costco, Canadian Tire, Superstore, Safeway, Wal-Mart, Pet Smart, etc**
- Canadian Tire money
- Chain link dog run panels ( not rolled)
- Office supplies – stamps, copy paper, pens
- Zip ties – heavy duty
SCARS needs quality animal transport vehicles, preferably with all wheel drive. Our volunteers drive thousands of kilometres each year to bring abandoned animals (many of whom are sick or injured) to veterinary care and foster homes. We regularly travel between Edmonton and locations such as Athabasca, Westlock, Calling Lake, Maskwacis, Wabasca, Lac La Biche, High Prairie, Lloydminster and many other communities. Our highest priority is to ensure our volunteers and the animals they transport are warm and safe during travel. The need to help animals is often greatest when the weather is coldest and when the roads are in poor condition.