See below for a list of the supplies we need on an ongoing basis. Your donations are very much appreciated. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please call (780) 466-SCAR or email email@example.com. Thank you!
How to donate
Please drop off the items at any of our drop-off locations. You can also donate select items through PoochieMochie’s SCARS wishlist (and support a local business) or our Amazon wishlist (please use the shipping address: APE, Nisku).
What we need
- High-quality adult dog food (brands like ACANA, ORIJEN, KIRKLAND, etc.)
- Cat litter – clumping
- Baby gates and x-pens
- Multi-level cat cages
- Martingale collars
- Toys for cats and dogs (durable and interactive kinds, especially)
- Puppy training pad
- Cat food (dry and wet; adult and especially kitten)
Note: Please note that we cannot accept pillows/cushions from beds or furniture.
We also need….
- Bleach and Virkon
- All-purpose liquid cleaner
- Garbage bags/blue bags (especially extra-large types that are 31″ diameter)
- Paper towels
- High-efficiency laundry detergent
- Lysol wipes/Clorex wipes
- Gift/fuel cards for Costco, Canadian Tire, Superstore, Safeway, Walmart, PetSmart, etc
- Canadian Tire money
- Chain link dog run panels (not rolled)
- Office supplies – stamps, copy paper, pens
- Zip ties – heavy duty
- Donate supplies for our Walls 4 Winter program. Click here to see the list of building supplies needed.
SCARS needs quality animal transport vehicles, preferably with all-wheel drive. Our volunteers drive thousands of kilometres each year to bring abandoned animals (many of whom are sick or injured) to veterinary care and foster homes. We regularly travel between Edmonton and locations such as Athabasca, Westlock, Calling Lake, Maskwacis, Wabasca, Lac La Biche, High Prairie, Lloydminster, and many other communities. Our highest priority is to ensure our volunteers and the animals they transport are warm and safe during travel. The need to help animals is often greatest when the weather is coldest and when the roads are in poor condition.