SCARS is looking for a part-time Animal Care Facilitator at our Morinville Rescue Centre. Work hours are primarily evenings and some weekends (20-30 hours a week). Resumes should be submitted as soon as possible. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Email resume to email@example.com
Assist in the daily operations at the Morinville Rescue Centre.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily cleaning of facility and animals to maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Feed and administer any medications as required
- Driving to and from vet appointments
- Participate in enrichment programs including daily walking and socializing animals
- Communicate any medical or behavioural concerns to management
- Document and maintain animal records
- Work with and provide support to volunteers in a polite and professional manner
- Respond to the public in a professional, courteous and timely manner
- Responding to any emergencies as needed
- Report any facility maintenance required
- Maintain and track supplies
- Must have a genuine concern for the well-being of animals
- Minimum 2 years’ experience handling animals
- Team player
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Must be able to work in a high-paced environment
- Organized and reliable
- Ability to set priorities and manage workloads with no supervision
- Class 5 driver’s license
Must have experience handling dogs and cats.
- Must be physically able to handle dogs and cats
- Ability to respond to emergencies
- Required to work alternating shifts (evening/weekends)
- This job is high paced, physically demanding and emotionally exhausting at times. You will be working with animals from unknown backgrounds and little to no training. Patience and compassion for their situation is a must.
This position description reflects the general duties of the position, but it is not intended to be a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent in the position.