SCARS is searching for a full-time Fundraising Manager. Are you an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about animal welfare? Do you have experience coordinating fundraising efforts and a desire to make our charity grow?
The Fundraising Manager will be responsible for organizing activities to raise funds, organize monetary and non-monetary donations and oversee the design and production of new promotional materials. The successful candidate will collaborate with a dedicated team of staff and volunteers to achieve the common goal for SCARS to succeed and grow.
The successful Fundraising Manager will stay informed on current grant opportunities, marketing strategies and be comfortable doing independent self-led research. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, reliable, and, have sharp public relations skills to deliver various presentations to a wide range of audiences.
- Maintain and establish positive relationships with current and future donors.
- Assist in the coordination of press releases to submit to news outlets, and on SCARS own media platforms.
- Lead the volunteer fundraising team, to support efforts and provide clear direction for successful events and campaigns. This will include establishing and managing various volunteer event committees and coordinating the regular fundraising committee meetings.
- Research, apply for, and oversee all grants including writing compelling, data-driven applications and reporting outcomes to granting partners.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan and calendar of events with the objective of increasing and levelling out SCARS’ revenue stream over the year. Research, prepare and implement fundraising opportunities, marketing strategies and promotional campaigns. Prepare and manage the annual fundraising budget, with quarterly reviews.
- Ensure SCARS remains compliant with all charity fundraising guidelines and regulations. Formulate policy and procedure in conjunction with the SCARS Board of Directors and to help decide the overall direction of fundraising goals in the organization.
- Build on and grow our successful individual and corporate giving programs, crafting compelling campaigns throughout the year that engage our community and inspire supporters via social media and email.
- Attend various SCARS events, including parties, galas and charity events, while continually promoting the brand.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of specific events and advertising campaigns to determine viability, and with a view to optimizing human and financial resources.
- Assist to establish a donor management system, organizing historical data and building a sustainable tracking and reporting system for the future. Oversee overall donor / sponsor relations, acknowledgement and recognition, ensuring supporters remain connected to our rescue work and see their impact.
- Review, enhance and maintain a refreshed SCARS membership program.
Required Job Skills & Qualifications
- Certificate, diploma, or bachelor’s degree in fundraising, journalism, public relations, business or similar; or a combination of education and demonstrable experience.
- Two years’ experience working in fundraising, sales and marketing, or public relations.
- Strong knowledge of applicable fundraising regulations and reporting requirements.
- Experience with the use of a donor management system (DMS)
- Experience leading a team to success – a role model to the volunteer team reflecting professional values-based leadership.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without supervision, with strong decision- making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make dynamic group presentations.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach with the ability to innovate and take measured risk, while bringing energy and enthusiasm to inspire others to achieve the SCARS mission.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Sound knowledge of charity sector, volunteer experience with a non-profit, preferable animal rescue focused.
- Must love companion animals! We’re looking for an individual dedicated to the mission of saving the lives of dogs and cats in need and providing their second chance in finding them loving forever homes.
This is primarily a remote work position located in Alberta. Facilities and events are typically located in the Edmonton, Morinville and Athabasca vicinity.
Applicants must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation to attend events.
Must be able to manage a flexible work schedule, minimum 40 hours / week primarily during business hours however includes occasional evenings and weekends.
Annual salary range $50,000 – $65,000 and will be negotiated based on relevant qualifications, experience and education.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please include the job title with your application.
This job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned. There may be additional responsibilities assigned as necessary.