SCARS 2021 Annual General Meeting
April 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm MDT
Join us for the SCARS Annual General Meeting!
Time: Apr 24, 2021 1:00 PM Mountain Time
Click below to download the:
Meeting ID: 894 2647 8038
Dial by your location
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kh5w01eGH
Update for voting process:
- 12 April 2021 – completed ballots mailed to SCARS (c/o 15020 133 Street, Edmonton, AB T6V1K9)
- 21 April 2021 – completed ballots emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24 April 2021 – AGM with voting during the meeting
The results of the election should be posted with 48 hours of the AGM.
New Board of Directors will be voted into all Board positions.
Edmonton, 11 January 2021 — Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) announced today that the 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be conducted “virtually” via Zoom on 24 April 2021, at 1PM. In addition to the presentation of the 2020 financial statement, and the 2021 Budget, along with Committee reports, SCARS membership will be voting in a completely new Board of Directors.
“For the first time since the Society registered as a charity on 4 April 2002, the membership will have the power to influence the future of this great organization,” said Steve Folkins, newly appointed Treasurer of SCARS.
The Society’s bylaws were amended and approved at the 2020 AGM. The terms of service for the positions have been staggered to provide continuity within the Board:
- Chair, Treasurer, and one Director-at-Large – three years
- Vice-Chair, Secretary, and one Director-at-Large – two years
- three Directors-at-Large – one year
“Anyone can become a member of the Society. A member can nominate a fellow member, or be nominated themselves, for one of the Board positions. And most importantly, you have the right to be heard, and to vote on important Society matters at all General and Special meetings,” added Folkins.
Because the AGM will be conducted virtually, there is a requirement to ensure that all members will have the right to vote. Ballots will be mailed/emailed to all members for return and count prior to the AGM. The deadlines for this process are as follows:
- 28 February 2021 – membership applications and election nominations submitted to the Membership Coordinator,
- 13 March 2021 – ballots issued to the membership by the Membership Coordinator,
- 27 March 2021 – completed ballots returned to the Membership Coordinator,
- 18 April 2021 – ballots counted, and
- 24 April 2021 – election results announced at the end of the AGM.
To become a member, go to www.scarscare.ca/become-a-member, download the membership application at the bottom of the page. Membership fees can be paid by cheque, money order, or Paypal. Submit the completed membership application, along with an electronic copy of payment to the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com.
For more information regarding the 2021 AGM (including the Board of Directors elections):
Steve Folkins, Treasurer
Download this communique: